Oddziały zapasowe na obszarze Okręgu Generalnego Kielce w latach 1919-1921
MetadataShow full item record
This article describes the history of reserve units which were stationed on the territory of General District of the Polish Army No III Kielce. In 1918 Poland was divided into five military districts. One of these was the Military District of Kielce, which existed until the end of November 1921. This district encompassed two infantry divisions (2 and 7th), which stationed in Częstochowa, Kielce, Piotrków Trybunalski and Radom. Following the organizing of the Polish Army on the turn 1918 and 1919, Polish formations were created without none the reserve units. Their organization was determined by the Polish military administration in Summer 1919. These reserve detachments were created by all regiments and consisted of a lot of smaller components. On the whole on the territory of the Military District of Kielce stationed thirty two different reserve units, which included twelve battalions, ten squadrons, five batteries, four companies and one reserve column. The fundamental part of these activity was completed their regiments, which at that time have fought on the fronts. In spite of scarce archival material, it was possible to depict creation, organization and the people, which served in the local reserve detachments. There is also a description of soldiers daily life and their process of training. The history of these little reserve units finished in the end 1921 together with the demobilization of the Polish Army and her peaceful reorganization.