Uwagi nad przeszłością gminy Sędziejowice do początków XVI wieku
Zajączkowski, Stanisław Marian
MetadataShow full item record
The Sędziejowice commune was astablished in 1972 be resolution of the provincial People’s Council. At present there are 30 villages concentrated in 25 village Administrations. Before the partitions of Poland this commune was the part of Łęczyca Province. Then it entered to composition of the Duchy of Łęczyca. After 1264 the Sędziejowice commune was part of the Duchy of Sieradz. In process of time this duchy was transformed to the Province of Sieradz. In the period discussed by the author of this article on the territory of Sędziejowice commune there existed 33 villages (now 3 of them don’t exist). At the beginning of this article the author discussed the psyhical and geographical conditions of the commune territory (hydrography, configuration, soils, alTorestation, climat) which were conductive to the development of colonization. The roads passed by this territory were also very important. After that the author tries to determine the origin time of each village (by using direct and indirect data). The result of this analysis was statement (obviously hypothetic) that most likely after 1000 A.D. on the Sędziejowice commune territory 7 villages were established. In the period from the middle of the 12th to the middle of the 13th century the increase of colonization was not so big because presumably only 3 villages were established. The extreme increase, if we can think so, took place in the time of rental economy development and the time of general economical country progress since the latter part of 13th century till the end of the 14th century. In that time there were established probably 15 villages. The rest of them (8 villages) originated in the time since the end of the 14th century to the early quarter of the 16th century. We must say that some of villages originated because of separation of the part of mother-village. The others were very small villages. Then the author discussed the history of each village. Three villages - Sędziejowice, Żagliny and Marzenin - belonged to the archibishopric but in the 14th century the last of them passed to nobility possesion. The chancellor of Gniezno archibishoprical curia got some parts of it. The remaining villages were in nobility possesions. Some of them were the part of multi-village nobility complexes.