Parafia Rembieszyce 1438-2012. Studium z dziejów społeczności lokalnej
MetadataShow full item record
Presented book is a historical monograph of the Rembieszyce Parish. It describes its history since the establishment in 1438 to 2012. The Rembieszyce Parish is located in the province of Kielce, in the commune of Małogoszcz and has been composed by four settlements: Rembieszyce, Karsznice, Mieronice and Wola Tesserowa. It was founded with the efforts of a powerful Odrowąż family, the owners of Rembieszyce and surrounding villages. It is dedicated to the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. As the basic sources Author used documents from the Archives of the Kielce Diocese, National Archives in Kielce and Archives of the Włocławek Diocese. That usually were lists of the presbytery funds, inventories, statistical lists concerning the parish issues, reports of the dean and pastoral visitation. The Author also used documents from the archive of the Rembieszyce Parish (register of births, marriages and deaths, reports from canonical visitations, confirms and receiving the first holy communion). In the researches about the history of the Rembieszyce Parish Author used not only archival but also printed sources, especially diocesan catalogues (elenchuses). Moreover Author checked both national and local church magazines. Among them the most significant was „Przegląd Diecezjalny” (from 1925, „Kielecki Przegląd Diecezjalny”), the official magazine of the Kielce Diocese. Topics in this book were organized in the chronological order, divided into three chapters, introduction, conclusions, appendices and indexes. In the first chapter the Author presents the history of the Rembieszyce Parish from its establishment till the end of the XVIIIth century. Author described the settlements included in the parish, and population density. Furthermore, she explicated the material bases of the parish activity and the place of this parish in the church administrative structure. Using available sources she showed the appearance and equipment of first two built parish churches and church buildings. In the next chapter Author discussed the main issues concerning the parish activity in the years 1800–1947. Author also paid great attention to sacramental life in the described area. The last chapter of the book is devoted to the history of the Rembieszyce Parish since 1948 to 2012. The Author described problems concerning clergy and church service, the population development, activities of social and ecclesial organization and parish sacramental life. In a separate subsection she presented architecture, decors and equipments of the parish church, the filial chapel in Mieronice, shrines and crosses located in the parish and sepulchral monuments. Author described also history of cemeteries created during the wars times. Appendices consists of several parts and contains information which complement the contents of particular chapters. We can find there, among others, biographies of priests who worked in the parish during the last two centuries, lists of registered members of religious associations, as well as tables of the natural population movements, created on the basis of parish registers. The book is supplemented with a glossary which contains explanations of difficult terms in the field of fine arts. Plans, tables and graphs, photos of sacred objects, sepulchral monuments and liturgical vestments are presented both in the text and in the end of the book in the form of an inset.
- Książki/Rozdziały 
The following license files are associated with this item: